The Cookbook Project is my idea for making one new recipe from each of the cookbooks I already own over the course of a month. I’m really just forcing myself to use up some of the resources I already own, like my cookbooks. It’s a bit of fun and a bit of a mental de-cluttering project. I have a lot of great material at my fingertips and I want to take advantage of it.
Next up: Pioneer Woman Cooks
She’s a very popular blogger and Food Network star. Either way, her cookbook reads like a scrapbook and the food I’ve made so far has been great. I decided to make Linguine with Clam Sauce but because I didn’t want to spend all the money to buy enough clams or spend all my calorie coupons, I changed up the recipe. I didn’t really want a whole pound of pasta or as rich of a sauce so I adapted it and took out the extra butter and cream. I’m not totally sure why I included my “recipe” especially since I never cook/measure exactly. This is just my approximation in case anyone cares to add clams into their life!
Linguine with Clam Sauce
Adapted from: Pioneer Woman Cooks
1. Cook 1/2 pound linguine in salted water
2. Heat: 1/2T olive oil & 1 T butter in a large skillet
3. Add 1/2 medium onion, chopped & 1-2 cloves garlic, depending on preference. Cook until translucent.
4. Add 1 can clams (mine was only 6 oz but you might want a bigger can), drained with juice reserved if the sauce needs to be thinned out at the end of cooking.
5. Add 1/3 c white wine and cook for a couple of minutes
6. Add juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/3 c heavy cream & salt & pepper to taste
7. Add cooked pasta and heat through. (Add chopped fresh parsley if you have it!)
Top with grated parmesan cheese for garnish